Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Roasted Tomatoes




I think we all get in a rut and have the tendency to make the same side dishes over and over again.  I was having just this type of moment the other day and thought, what can I do that is different and fresh to serve with our dinner tonight.   So I do what I usually do and looked in the refrigerator and saw the fresh tomatoes that I had purchased and that will work!  This will now become part of the rotation of sides at our dinner table, I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients
4 Tomatoes (I used on the vine tomatoes)
1 Large Stem Fresh Rosemary
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
Handful of Shredded Romano Cheese

Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
  2. On cutting board, remove core from tomatoes and cut in 1/2
  3. De-stem rosemary and chop finely
  4. In bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, rosemary and salt and pepper
  5. Add tomatoes and combine ingredients thoroughly
  6. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes
  7. On a sheet pan, lightly grease with cooking spray and place tomatoes cut side up on pan
  8. Sprinkle with romano cheese
  9. Bake for 1 hour
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment