Monday, May 14, 2012

Blackberry Cream



On our second stop using fresh seasonal ingredients, the blackberry is the star of this simple dessert.  I never have nor will I ever be a pastry chef nor do I have a particular affinity towards sweets, but my boys do.  So during the weekend, I make an effort to prepare at least one homemade dessert for my family to enjoy.  This particular dish consists of 6 ingredients and took me 10 minutes total to prepare.

Ingredients
1 1/2 Cups Blackberries
1/2 Fresh Lime (Juiced)
2 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Tablespoon Confectioners Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (I couldn't find fresh vanilla beans so I used extract instead)

Preparation
  1. In a bowl, use the back of a wooden spoon or masher and crush the blackberries.  Add the lime juice and brown sugar, mix thoroughly
  2. In another bowl, add cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla.  Blend with a hand mixture (approximately 2 minutes) until you have soft peaks
  3. Pour the the blackberry mixture into the cream and swirl to blend. 
  4. Top with a few fresh blackberries and serve
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment