Monday, May 14, 2012

Dinner Party Tri-Tip with a Chipotle Dipping Sauce



This weekend the weather was absolutely beautiful so I wanted to do something on the grill for dinner.  I knew we would be having our dear friend over for dinner as a combination birthday dinner and thank you for helping my husband with a project dinner.  This particular recipe uses my mother's marinade and one of my favorite cuts of beef, tri-tip.  It is absolutely perfect for a dinner party or when you want leftovers for the next day.  Keep in mind when you are planning on serving this dish, that you give yourself enough time to marinate, at minimum you need 4 hours marinating time.  I have also included a Chipotle Dipping Sauce that my son Mason always requests when I serve tri-tip

Ingredients
3 1/2 Lbs Tri-Tip Roast
2 Fresh Lemons (Juiced)
1/4 Cup Dale's Steak Seasoning
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
3 Garlic Cloves Minced

Preparation
  1. In bowl, combine lemon juice, Dale's Steak Seasoning, olive oil, wine and garlic.  Mix thoroughly
  2. Using a Jaccard or a fork, poke holes on both sides of the tri-tip.  Place meat in a container large enough to hold the meat, pour the marinade over the tri-top cover and refridgerate.  Allow to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours.
  3. On a hot grill over high heat, sear the tri-tip on both sides (approximately 3 minutes).  Turn the grill to medium high heat and continue to cook until desired temperature is achieved (approximately 13-15 minutes per side on our grill)
  4. Remove from grill, let rest for approximately 3 minutes and slice
Mason's Dipping Sauce
My son is hug fan of dipping sauce whenever I serve tritip.  This time, he requested a somewhat spicy but creamy sauce.  So I used 2 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce, 1/4 cup Sour Cream, 1/4 Mayonnaise, 1/2 Fresh Lime Juiced.  I chopped the peppers finely, then simply combined the  rest of the ingredients throughly and served as a dipping sauce for those who want a little something spicy on the side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment